The Scottish Affairs Committee wants to hear from you on your experiences of accessing financial services in Scotland.
The Committee is examining how access to financial services in Scotland has changed since last year, and what impact ATM and bank closures have had on rural communities.
As Forres is a community that has recently had a bank branch closure, your experience would be welcomed.
How can you help?
Send a written submission. The deadline for submissions is Monday 25 March 2019.
The Scottish Affairs Committee is following up on its previous work on bank closures and ATM networks in Scotland by launching a short inquiry into access to financial services.
Your answers don’t have to be long and they don’t have to cover all of the questions – even if you only feel able to answer one question, we want to hear from you. Questions include:
- What challenges are there to accessing financial services in Scotland?
- What impact have recent bank branch closures, and the changes in ATM funding, had on access to financial services in Scotland?
- How practical are alternative methods of accessing financial services, such as online banking or mobile branch banking?
- What impact has reductions to the interchange fee had in Scotland?
- How effective is the Financial Inclusion Programme, at ensuring access to cash is available in more remote areas?
- How effective have financial services regulators been, in ensuring continued access to financial services in Scotland?
What are select committees?
Find out more about select committees, how they affect Government policy and how they can get involved