Restaurants and other establishments serving food for on-premises consumption can now sign up to a new government initiative aimed at protecting jobs in the hospitality industry and encouraging people to safely return to dining out.
The Eat Out to Help Out registration page went live this morning on GOV.UK, allowing businesses to join the scheme announced last week by Rishi Sunak MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer.
Restaurants, bars, cafes and other establishments who use the scheme will offer a 50% reduction, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to all diners who eat and/or drink-in throughout August.
Customers do not need a voucher as participating establishments will just remove the discount from their bill. Businesses simply reclaim the discounted amount through an online service, supported by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). Claims can be made on a weekly basis and will be paid into bank accounts within five working days.
The scheme is open to eligible establishments across the UK and can be used all day, every Monday to Wednesday, between 3 and 31 August 2020.
Businesses will receive a window sticker to show they are using the scheme and can download promotional items from GOV.UK.
Who can register?
You can register for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme if your establishment:
- sells food that is intended for consumption on the premises when purchased
- provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- has registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
How to register:
Businesses can register to be part of the scheme online at GOV.UK.
Further information for businesses, including how to register and make a claim, is available online at GOV.UK.
- more information about the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/get-more-information-about-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme/get-more-information-about-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme
- Find out how to register your establishment for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-your-establishment-for-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme